Aftermath and Adjustments

After spending a 14 hour day traveling through different airports to get home from London I have returned home safely. Surprisingly, the airports I had went through were not crazy and clustered they were almost empty at some points. When I returned to the U.S. everyone was required to fill out a form on where they have been and if they have an symptoms of the corona virus. Getting off the plane everyone had their temperature taken and was given a pamphlet about the virus.

At this point all of my classes are online and many assessments have been pushed back. Adjustments to online classes have not been too bad considering the circumstances. I only have about a week and a half left of classes before spring break and then one or two final assessments. The only thing that is a little bit of a struggle is the time difference for the lectures. Rather than my lectures being at 12pm some are at 8am. For the assessments that I have to turn in I play it safe and turn them in a day before just in case I forget about the time difference.

Overall, adjusting to being home has been a little weird but not difficult. At first I was tired at different times of the day but I have gotten used to this time zone again. I definitely notice more of the little things and the differences being back home. Having to not wash every dish right after I use it is nice. The biggest issued I have had is trying not to think about what I would be doing in London if this did not happen. I still have the urge to travel and want to go places which can be frustrating in these times but I just keep telling myself that I will be back to London and Europe at some point!